Cemitério Prado do Repouso Porto

Cemitério Prado do Repouso, Porto

The Cemitério Prado do Repouso was the first public cemetery in Porto established in 1839. The land previously belonged to the bishops of Porto. The São Victor church on the 10-hectare site became the cemetery chapel.

The cemetery is known for its large chapel-like tombs. The grounds also provide a home for various plants and trees including magnolia, camellia, and cypress.

Cemitério Prado do Repouso cemetery
Cemitério Prado do Repouso cemetery
Access - Getting There

Largo do Padre Baltazar Guedes
4300-059 Porto
Tel: 225379925

Cemitério Prado do Repouso Porto


The nearest Porto Metro stations are Heroismo Station and Campo 24 de Agosto, which is close to a main long-distance bus station.

Also, close by are Porto's Military Museum and a number of hotels, for example, Eurostars Heroismo and Porto With Love Apartments.

Porto bus 400 stops at Heroismo Station and outside the gates of the cemetery as does bus 207.

Cemitério Prado do Repouso Porto
Cemitério Prado do Repouso Porto
Map of the cemetery.

Information sign.


© PortugalVisitor.com

No comments: